The “ProSe (Proximity Services) for LTE & 5G Networks: 2017 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the ProSe market including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, use cases, applications, business models, pre-commercial case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain and strategic recommendations. The report also presents forecasts for ProSe-enabled device shipments and ProSe based mobile operator service revenue from 2018 till 2030. The forecasts cover multiple submarkets and 6 regions.
By the end of 2025, The Research estimates that mobile operators can pocket as much $17 Billion in ProSe based annual service revenue. Up to 55% of this revenue figure will be attributable to proximity advertising.
This study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments they should focus upon during the next five years to prioritize their efforts and investments.
These stakeholders include more than 100 companies both manufacturing and providing services in ProSe for LTE & 5G Networks such as,
3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project), Apple, ASTRI (Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute), Bluetooth SIG (Special Interest Group), Compass.To, DT (Deutsche Telekom), EE, Ericsson, Facebook, FirstNet (First Responder Network Authority), Home Office, UK and other major players in the market.
Countries Covered are: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
— In comparison to existing D2D and proximity networking technologies, ProSe offers several distinct benefits including but not limited to better scalability, manageability, privacy, security and battery-efficiency.
– At present, efforts to commercialize ProSe are being spearheaded by the public safety and critical communications industry. The ongoing transition from legacy LMR systems to LTE networks is expected to trigger the very first investments in ProSe-enabled devices, as direct communication between devices is an essential requirement for users in this domain.
– In the commercial area, mobile operators can leverage ProSe to offer a range of B2B, B2B2C and B2C services that rely on proximity including advertising, social networking, gaming, relaying traffic for wearables and V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) connectivity.
– By the end of 2025, The Research estimates that mobile operators can pocket as much $17 Billion in ProSe based annual service revenue. Up to 55% of this revenue figure will be attributable to proximity advertising.
The report covers the following topics:
– ProSe technology
– Market drivers and barriers
– Sidelink air interface and spectrum bands
– ProSe discovery and direct communication services
– ProSe coverage scenarios and modes of operation
– ProSe reference architecture, key functional elements and interfaces
– 3GPP standardization efforts for ProSe
– Competing D2D and proximity networking technologies
– Key applications, business models and monetization strategies
– Case studies of pre-commercial ProSe engagements
– Industry roadmap and value chain
– Strategic recommendations for key ecosystem players including chipset suppliers, device OEMs, infrastructure vendors, public safety agencies and mobile operators
– Market analysis and forecasts from 2018 till 2030
Global ProSe for LTE & 5G Networks Sales (K Units) by Application (2017-2030)
|2017||2018||2030||Market Share (%)||CGAR (%)
|Latin & Central America||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
|Middle East & Africa||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
– How big is the ProSe opportunity?
– What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
– How will the ecosystem evolve by segment and region?
– What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
– How big is the ProSe service revenue opportunity for mobile operators?
– How will ProSe help public safety agencies in replacing legacy LMR systems with LTE and 5G networks?
– How will consolidation in the chipset ecosystem affect the adoption of ProSe?
– How can ProSe deliver localized V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) connectivity?
– What strategies should chipset suppliers, device OEMs and mobile operators adopt to remain competitive?
Forecast Segmentation Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
ProSe Device Shipments & Revenue Submarkets:
– Public Safety & Critical Communications
– Commercial Sector
Form Factor Segmentation:
– Vehicle Mount Devices
– V2X Devices
– Other Devices
– Asia Pacific
– Eastern Europe
– Middle East & Africa
– Latin & Central America
– North America
– Western Europe
ProSe Based Mobile Operator Service Revenue Submarkets:
– Social Networking
– V2X Connectivity
– Public Safety & Critical Communications
– Other Applications